If water damage in your home is not taken care of immediately, excess water can wreak havoc on your home. It can promote electrical hazards, cause expensive damage to your home’s structure and furnishings, and can even lead to the growth of hazardous mold.
Within minutes water damage can spread to other areas of your home. Within hours pressed wood swells and disintegrates and bacterial odor spreads throughout your home. Within days, water can cause severe complications and secondary damages resulting in disruptive, costly repairs.
Water damage within minutes
- Water contamination spreads, rapidly increasing claim costs.
- Moisture-sensitive furniture finishes begin to turn white.
- Furniture standing on saturated carpets will begin to leach and stain the carpeting.
Water damage within hours
- Furniture in direct contact with water begins to delaminate and swell.
- Normal household odors, amplified by humidity, become glaringly apparent.
- Dyes from non-colorfast fabrics begin to bleed.
Water damage within days
- Fungi appear, along with their characteristic musty odors.
- Severe warping and cupping of wood become apparent. Wood floors may become unsalvageable.
- Paint blisters and wallpaper adhesives release and start to peel away.
- Wood structural members begin to swell, warp and split apart.
Water damage within weeks
- Mold sinks roots into organic materials and destroys their integrity.
- Occupants must be evacuated due to health hazards.
- Allergen sensitivity may arise from microbial growth.
- A complete gutting of the structure may be necessary, which will drive the claim up astronomically and displace the occupants.
How Insight Restoration Can Help
Water damage from a flood or other source can quickly go from bad to irreparable. Damage from water and bacteria growth can begin within hours. Call us for professional help 24/7 at 208-427-2825. Our certified technicians use advanced technology and equipment in our water damage restoration services. This technology removes moisture and promotes effective drying. Drying time can be dependent on the location, duration and source of water damage, building materials and weather. To learn more visit www.insightrestoration247.com/water-damage-restoration.